top of page



  1. Birth Certificates.

  2. Adoption Certificates (if applicable.)

  3. Passports (Full 10 year passports with at least 3 months remaining following your return date.)

  4. Decree Absolute (in the case of divorced individuals.)

  5. Death Certificate (only in the case of widows or widowers.)

  6. Change of Name records should this apply. (These must be stamped by a solicitor.)

  7. A sworn affidavit signed by a Solicitor or Notary Public, indicating you are single and free to be married.

  8. This must have an official stamp and be valid for    3 - 6 months. It is best obtained 8 to 12 weeks before your wedding date.


Important: Please make sure that the document carries the wording "Solicitor" or "Notary Public".  We will supply you with a form which will make this process both easier and cheaper. 


Please send a copy of affidavit once obtained, to us as soon as you have it.  Keep all original documents with you. If it is on headed company paper, the header must carry the wording "Solicitor" or "Notary Public".

The stamp itself must also state the word "Solicitor" or "Notary Public". Without this, the document will not be accepted.


Scottish and Welsh citizens may also obtain a "Certificate of No Impediment" from the District Registrar.

Irish passport holders will need a "Certificat de Coutume" obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ireland, or the Irish Embassy in London.   This certificate is valid for 120 days from the date of issue.

Civil Weddings with the experts.

The Legal Bit

For Anglican Church weddings:

  • At least one Baptism Certificate will be required for church weddings. 

  • You will be contacted by the Church Office to take the deposit which is none refundable.


  • For Catholic Church weddings: 

  • You need a pre-marital enquiry/freedom to marry paper (issued by the Church through your local priest) and your baptism records. These must be sent from your local Priest to your Regional Bishop, who upon receipt of these items, will forward them on to a Nicosia address which will be supplied.

It is the client's responsibility to bring all ORIGINAL documentation.  My Wedding in Cyprus cannot be held responsible if you fail to bring all the original documentation.


You will also need a Special Licence  (Form B Licence).

This is permit, which is issued by the Ministry of the Interior of Cyprus, and it allows couples to be married on the island.


All the original documents that are mentioned above are needed in order to obtain your special licence.  Once you have approval from us,  we will issue you with a date and time for your special licence registration.

Please note as part of our Save the date One and Only package we will provide escort and driver to take you to the relevant government office along with all your original documents on the date and time given and you will walk away with your special licence, all ready for the day of your dreams.

And ....finally remember that you must be over 18 years of age.


Other Information: Fees for Marriage in Cyprus with My Wedding in Cyprus.


Fees: Municipality Special Licence Fee €281.92

Plus €170.86 for the marriage officers attendance at any venue to perform the ceremony.

Church Fees €600 Weddings, Blessings/Renewals are €390

None refundable Deposits required €300 weddings and €200 for renewals/blessings

Church Fees are on top of the Municipal fees.


Once married, a certified copy of the marriage certificate is sent to the Ministry ofInterior in Cyprus for their records.

A second copy is sent to the British High Commission in Nicosia.


Any future copies should be obtained via the relevant municipality where the marriage registration took place, stating the names of the bride and groom, the date and the venue of the marriage.

It is advised that each couple obtains a total of three true copies of the wedding certificate at the time of registration.  They are priced around €14- 16.00 each dependant on locality.

Ceremonies are generally not available on a Saturday, Sunday or during Public Holidays. However, in some hotels this is up to the hotel manager's discretion and Church/Municipality availability.  On occasion they may at an extra charge perform a wedding on a Saturday by request.

Church Weddings with the experts

bottom of page